Friday, January 19, 2007

Forever He Will Not Orphaned Be


The sky is grey and the light is far
The sea is a rage within my heart
I turn my sight to the crashing waves
I cry in the night just to be saved

I need eyes to be my guide
I need a voice that’s louder than mine
I need hope I need You
Cause I can’t do this alone

Grace I call Your name
Oh won’t Your smile fall over me
I’m cracked and dry on hands and knees
Oh sweet grace rain down on me I need You grace

I pray for dawn a new day to live
I pray for mercy only Jesus gives
Though darkness falls and a million cry
I believe over all there’s a greater light shining for us

Come down and save me

~*~

I will wait for You there
Down on my knees where I met You
Give You all of my cares
Find a grace to hold onto now
I’m calling for You

I will wait for You there
far from the world and it’s violence
It left broken and bare
I need to hear You in the silence now
I’m calling for You


I will wait for You there
Down On my knees where I met you
Cause life is a war fought with tears
But You are the strength I hold onto now
I’m calling for you

And with outstretched arms
I will sing out melodies
And my beating heart
Will pour out a symphony
Hallelujah’s in the morning
Hallelujah’s in the night

I will wait for you
…as long as I have life


-Phil Wickham

2 comments:

Steven said...

thats very good. Whats the link to where you got that?

Jonathan Roberts said...

Steven - hey! Welcome to the blogosphere!

This is a "Friday's Foto." I post either a picture I've taken myself or one that I really admire from another photographer and post it along with some encouraging snippet of scripture of poetry.

This particular picture is from deviantart.com. It's a great site, but be very careful when navigating since there is a lot of not-so-biblical material on that you may come across. ;)

Good to see you today, bro!