Saturday, January 27, 2007

The Crown of Victory


It is true that looking forward there may be seen long avenues of tribulation, but the glory is at the end of them; battles may be foreseen, and woe to the man who does not expect them, but the eye of faith perceives the crown for victory. Deep waters are mapped upon our journey; but faith can see Jehovah fording these rivers with us, and she anticipates the day when we shall ascend the banks of the shore and enter into Jehovah’s rest. When we have received the priceless truths into our souls, we are satisfied with favor and full of the goodness of the Lord. I value the gospel not only for what it has done for me in the past, but the guarantees which it affords me of eternal salvation. “I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of My hand.”

-Charles Spurgeon

No comments: