Tuesday, October 03, 2006

The End of Sorrow

These lines have been running through my head all day...

He came to my desk with a quivering lip.
The lesson was done.
“Dear teacher, I want a new page,” he said,
“I have spoiled this one.”

I took out the page, soiled and blotted,
And gave him a new one, all unspotted,
And into his sad eyes smiled:
“Do better now, my child.”

~*~

I came to the Throne with a trembling heart.
The day’s work was done.
“Dear Father, I want a new day,” I said,
“I have spoiled this one.”

He took my old life, soiled and blotted,
And gave me a new one, all unspotted,
And into my tired heart He cried:
“Do better now, my child…”

- written by an elementary teacher -

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's awesome! I've never heard that before. How amazingly forgiving and gracious is our God!

Amy said...

oh and one more thing John! I'm having some serious technical issues with my blog. Any help that you could give me would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Brian said...

Thanks for sharing that John. What a picture of grace.

JJ Brenner said...

At the risk of sounding repetetive, nice find. Great picutre of the grace of our father.