Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Deep Calls to Deep

Out in the depths,
Out in the sea,
This current, this flood,
Has drowned out my plea.

[This deep-rooted hypocrisy has taken its toll,
Chasing after vanity, I have plagued my soul.]

I have pursued these vices,
They have enslaved my eyes,
And I have loved,
What you so despise.

[Is there hope, is there hope for me?
I've been swallowed, swallowed in the sea.]

The darkness of heresy, [beckons]
The madness of reason,
Like mutiny, this poison,
Has wrought in me treason.

Chase my foes away, Oh Lord
And renew me with your Holy Word.
Purge my thoughts, cleanse my mind,
And my heart, to your will, BIND.

["Set me free! Set me free!"
Cries the new Man in me.]
Somewhere in the sea,

-Jonathan Roberts (that's me!)

6 comments:

Brent Klontz said...

Did you write that?

I love it . . . and I'm right there with you brother. Brent

The Paasch-inator said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Amy said...

John,
Oh my goodness! That was amazing! Wow, I'm inspired. I could never write anything like that! WOW! That's so cool. Btw, I hope you know that I've just been kidding around with you the last couple of days! You really are awesome!

rustypth said...

John that was wonderful. Thanks for sharing that. It rhymed too! major kudos =)

Hannah - man, seems like you've got a nack for poetry as well. Maybe you two should get together and write ... stuff =)

--CoB

rustypth said...

John - I'm smiling right now, and you know why, don't you? =)

I'm so mean

Adam said...

Hey John,

Just wanted to drop you a line and also mention my new blog (dull clap echoes in the nearly empty theater.)

Well, in any case, keep being you!

adumn