Thursday, November 10, 2005

The News in Brief

Life is crazy; everyone knows this. Juggling responsibilities can leave you complacent and tired, so I have created this blog with one intention of liberating myself from the mundane... all the while keeping YOU updated on what's new in my ever-so-interesting life.

With that in mind, here's the latest news:

  • I'm finishing up my research paper for my eng 102 class. I'm glad I picked a topic that has relevance in my life... I'm writing about whether or not Evolution should be taught exclusively in public schools. My presupposition is (as most people who know me may have already guessed) that it should not be taught because it's ridiculous. But don't you worry, I promise I have better arguments than that in my paper ;) I'll be sure to post it around next Tuesday (the 15th) for all to enjoy.
  • Something that has been on my mind for many years has now been moved to the forefront of my thoughts... I have decided that I must pursue film making. Now, whether or not I will make a career out of it, I do not know. But I am convinced that it will always be a hobby at the least. In fact, I met with Jordan Bennett last night and we were discussing possibly collaborating on a project soon. It makes so much sense... It's like all my life I've had loads of crazy ideas in my head and now I can finally communicate them in one of the most interesting mediums. So I'm saving up money right now for a decent camera, but I already started working on a script... It's all so inebriating!

I know... That's not much news, but I promise to henceforth be more diligent in keeping YOU updated.

I'll close with the quote that I found t'other day... It made me think:

“Fairy tales are more than true: not because they tell us that dragons exist, but because they tell us that dragons can be beaten.” —G. K. Chesterton

2 comments:

rustypth said...

") that it should not be taught because it's ridiculous" <---- ROFL! So true.

As far as the filmography (is that even a word?) ... got for it man. That's awesome.

Great line at the end - Chesterton.

rustypth said...

*"Oooh's" and "Awww's" at the new neon colors*